Wednesday, 4 May 2016
Hello!
Since I came to Brisbane, it has passed about one month. It is my first time to stay abroad so long time, and I felt very nervous. However I am able to accustomed to lifestyle in Australia and relieved now. Fortunately, my house is near the UQ, so I walk to school every day.
In Brisbane, I can do a lot of things which I can not do in Japan. I went to the eat street market the other day in Hamilton. It is held on Friday and Saturday night. I was afraid to walk at night but I found a friend who lives near my house, so I decided to go there. It was good decision to go there. We could enjoy meals all around the world and feel atmosphere. We ate beef steaks, fish and chips and chocolate fondue. They were very tasty. We went there by bus. We are not allowed to drive a car, so the most useful and important transportation is bus. We came back our house by ferry. Ferry is also important transportation to us. The landscape was very nice. I was very glad to decide to get on ferry then.
There are many people coming from different nationality in ICTE UQ. There were people from China, Peru, Korea, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia in my class. It was very exciting to talk with them and know each other. They have own accent when they speak English and it was very hard to understand sometimes. I could not understand what they said at first. However, I can understand that more now. I would like to improve my English skills better during my stay in Australia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chocolate fondue looks so delicious! I want to go there!
ReplyDeleteHi Rena - nice post and nice pictures. I like the Eat Street Markets in Hamilton too. Keep posting and I look forward to reading the next one!
ReplyDeleteHenno